Game Art and Animation
|Duration:||2 Semesters (8 Months)|
|Start Dates:||Fall, Winter, |
Start dates are subject to change
|Credential Awarded:||Ontario College Graduate Certificate|
As a student of Game Art and Animation, you’ll learn the skills to develop game art including techniques such as modeling, animation, texturing and game engine integration using the latest high-end computer hardware and software. Your studies will focus on learning the tools to develop amazing game art and to incorporate that art into real-time environments using 3D Studio Max, Zbrush, Unreal Engine and other game development tools.
- A recognized degree or postsecondary diploma from an accredited institution in fine art, 2D/3D animation, photography, film/video, architecture or graphic design; OR
- Applicants with partial postsecondary education and relevant work experience may be considered. Relevant résumé and references must be provided.
- English proficiency at the postsecondary level.
- Portfolio: 8 1/2 x 11 photocopies done in pencil, conté, ink, pastel or charcoal including:
- 2 life drawings: must show entire body including head, hands and feet of subject in various poses
- 2 drawings of your own hand: drawn from observation.
- 2 object drawings: everyday items from around your house such as a kitchen appliance, coffee maker, can opener, TV remote, stapler, etc.
- 2 environment drawings: draw a two-point perspective view of a room in your house from opposite corners; the horizon line should be at five (5) feet
- 2 drawings of your choice: choose your best two drawings
- Applicants will receive notification of how and when to submit a portfolio.
- Applicants are ranked based on the strength of their portfolio.
- Admission to this program is competitive. Only the top ranked applicants will be offered a seat in the program.
- Although not required for admission, the following are recommended for your success in the program:
- A background in one of more of the following: visual arts, classical animation, fine art, graphic design, or architecture/engineering or computer graphics
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere or any 3D program.
Earn your Game Art and Animation graduate certificate and you'll be prepared for career opportunities as a modeler, texture artist, animator, level builder and level designer in game studios developing console, computer, web and interactive games.
Through transfer agreements and institution partnerships, graduates of this Seneca College program may be eligible for credit at the following post-secondary institution(s):
|Davenport University||• Any relevant Bachelor or Master of Business Administration|
Important Academic Dates
Please take a few moments to view Important Academic Dates for your relevant term.
Please select the curriculum from the Academic Year in which you started (or will be starting) your studies. An Academic Year begins in September and ends in August of the following year.
|2014/2015 Academic Year|
|Semester 1||Course Name||Hrs/Wk|
|GAM720||Lighting and Rendering||1|
|GAM740||Level and Environment Design and Modeling||3|
|GAM750||Game Engine Production I||4|
|Semester 2||Course Name||Hrs/Wk|
|GAM681||Portfolio, Presentation and Professionalism||1|
|GAM805||Studio Techniques and Practices||3|
|GAM810||Advanced Modelling Concepts||3|
|GAM850||Game Engine Production II||3|
|GAM860||Unreal Ed II Advanced Methods||3|
|2015/2016 Academic Year|
|Lighting and Rendering|
|Level and Environment Design and Modeling|
|Game Engine Production I|
|Portfolio, Presentation and Professionalism|
|Advanced Modeling Concepts|
|Game Engine Production II|
|Game Mods II|
Note: Some classes may be scheduled on evenings and weekends.
|For general inquiries and to arrange a tour, please call (416) 491-5050 Ext. 33850.
|Domestic Admissions Advisor:||Margita Petersons
Telephone: (416) 491-5050 Ext. 22804
|International Admissions Advisor:||Salaha Fatima
Telephone: (416) 491-5050 Ext. 22081
|Registration & Records Advisor:|
Telephone: (416) 491-5050 Ext. 33008
|Program Coordinator:||Daniel Stopnicki
Telephone: (416) 491-5050 Ext. 33194
|Program Chair:||Mark Jones
Telephone: (416) 491-5050 Ext. 33488