Event Management - Event and Exhibit Design
|Duration:||2 Semesters (1 Year)|
|Credential Awarded:||Ontario College Graduate Certificate|
The Event Management program at Seneca is unique within Ontario in that it will provide you with a specialization in design for the event and exhibit industry (galas, festivals, parades and trade shows). Aimed at giving you the necessary breadth and depth of knowledge, you will learn analysis, planning, budgeting, sourcing and creation of décor, props and visuals for events and exhibits. You will benefit from industry professionals who have designed the curriculum and deliver it from a practical perspective. They bring their many years of experience in design, special events and exhibit management to assist you in getting the education you need to succeed in a competitive and growing industry.
YOU’LL LEARN TO:
- Apply the principles of marketing and research to events and exhibits
- Analyze, synthesize, develop and design the necessary elements for events and exhibits
- Plan, execute and evaluate the installation of events and exhibits
- Analyze and develop promotional materials that consistently deliver key messages
- Develop and implement financial initiatives based on event/exhibit objectives through methods such as sponsorship programs, grant applications and fundraising initiatives
- Develop, install and co-ordinate effective site and facility operations
- Evaluate and apply strategies for effective human resource management related to the installation of events and exhibits
- Apply accounting and financial knowledge and skills to the installation of events and exhibits
- Apply business administration skills to the installation of events and exhibits
- Evaluate and apply industry professional standards, legislative requirements and ethical principles to event and exhibit management.
- A recognized degree or postsecondary diploma from an accredited institution in a design or fine art related program.
- English proficiency at the postsecondary level.
For Applicants with Non-Design Education
Applicants with a degree or postsecondary diploma in a non-design field will be contacted with instructions on how to submit the following:
- Written English essay - topic will be provided
- Portfolio containing 6 pieces of work that demonstrate your design skills. These can be:
- Artwork (drawings, paintings, sculptures)
- Events you have worked on
- Floral arrangements
- Clothing (designs or physical creations)
- Interiors designs
Event Management is about creating experiences for clients, guests, event attendees, customers and event organizers. Seneca’s Event Management program will help you start an exciting career as a special events organizer, trade show planner/ designer, assistant event co-ordinator, junior exhibit/event designer, assistant creative director or festival organizer.
- International Special Events Society (ISES)
Through transfer agreements and institution partnerships, graduates of this Seneca College program may be eligible for credit at the following post-secondary institution(s):
|Davenport University||• Any relevant Bachelor or Master of Business Administration|
|Griffith University||• Master of Business |
Important Academic Dates
Please take a few moments to view Important Academic Dates for your relevant form.
Please select the curriculum from the Academic Year in which you started (or will be starting) your studies. An Academic Year begins in September and ends in August of the following year.
|2014/2015 Academic Year|
|Semester 1||Course Name||Hrs/Wk|
|BRP702||Event Financial Management||3|
|CLP702||Client Presentations I||3|
|EVT705||Behind the Scenes of Events||2|
|EVT760||Integrated Marketing Communications for Events||3|
|LOG702||Event Planning and Logistics I||4|
|Semester 2||Course Name||Hrs/Wk|
|CLP802||Client Presentations II||4|
|LOG803||Event Planning and Logistics II||3|
|EVT850||Behind the Scenes of Events II||3|
|EVT860||Festivals and Trade Shows||3|
|EVT880||Floral Design for Events||3|
|2015/2016 Academic Year|
|Event Financial Management|
|Client Presentations I|
|Event Planning and Logistics I|
|Behind the Scenes of Events|
|Integrated Marketing Communications for Events|
|Client Presentations II|
|Event Planning & Logistics II|
|Behind the Scenes of Events II|
|Festivals and Trade Shows|
|Floral Design for Events|
|For more information, please visit our website at: www.senecacollege.ca/fashion.|
|Domestic Admissions Advisor:||Telephone: (416) 491-5050 Ext. 22840
|International Admissions Advisor:||Simona Cojanu
Telephone: (416) 491-5050 Ext. 22758
|Registration & Records Advisor:|
Telephone: (416) 491-5050 Ext. 22465
|Program Coordinator:||John MacBride
Telephone: (416) 491-5050 Ext. 26513
|Program Chair:||Gitte Hansen
Telephone: (416) 491-5050 Ext. 22160
"I have been in the visual merchandising and event design industry for over 40 years...and the special event industry for 20 years...To have a group of students with fresh young ideas and the education to use them properly would be something I would welcome."
"The Event Management – Exhibit and Design Program is at the forefront of education in the field, and is teaching students through theoretical and real world experiences the skills necessary to contribute to the future of our industry. With the pace of the events world, we need fresh, energetic ideas. Programs like this give students a much greater background than in the past and a leg up on their competition. We have had the pleasure of working both with and for new graduates who bring a refreshing energy and passion to their events, and have the skills and knowledge to back up that enthusiasm."
Chief Operating Officer, Decor & More Inc.
Highlights from Event Management: Event Exhibit and Design on flckr