|Duration:||2 Semesters (8 Months)|
|Start Dates:||Fall, Winter, |
Start dates are subject to change
|Credential Awarded:||Ontario College Graduate Certificate|
Specialize in 3D computer-based modeling and animation. As a student in this program, you’ll use the latest in high-end computer workstations and learn the tools to problem-solve, and to create industry ready demo reels using Maya, Nuke, Mental Ray and the Arnold Renderer. This two-semester program allows you to focus your career on 3D animation.
- A recognized degree or postsecondary diploma from an accredited institution in fine art, 2D/3D animation, photography, film/video, architecture or graphic design; OR
- Mature applicants with 3 to 5 years of related work experience may be considered. Relevant résumé and references must be provided.
- English proficiency at the postsecondary level.
- Portfolio 8 1/2 x 11 photocopies done in pencil, conté, ink, pastel or charcoal that include:
- 6 life drawings: must show entire body including head, hands and feet of subject in various poses
- 2 drawings of your own hand: drawn from observation.
- 2 object drawings: everyday items from around your house such as a kitchen appliance, coffee maker, can opener, TV remote, stapler, etc.
- 2 environment drawings: draw a twopoint perspective view of a room in your house from opposite corners; the horizon line should be at five (5) feet
- 2 drawings of your choice: choose your best two drawings
- Applicants will receive notification of how and when to submit a portfolio.
- Applicants are ranked based on the strength of their portfolio.
- Admission to this program is competitive. Only the top ranked applicants will be offered a seat in the program.
- Although not required for admission, the following are recommended for your success in the program:
- A background in one of more of the following: visual arts, classical animation, fine art, graphic design, or architecture/engineering or computer graphics
- Experience with Windows operating systems
- Additional experience with Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere or any 3D program.
Our graduates are in high demand in this rapidly expanding field of film entertainment, television, gaming, forensics, interior design and industrial design. With your graduate certificate in 3D Animation, you’ll find exciting career opportunities as a digital animator, modeler, character rigger, and 3D painting/texturing and lighting specialist.
- Toronto Animation Arts Festival International (TAAFI)
- ACM SIGGRAPH
- Computer Animation Studios Ontario (CASO)
Through transfer agreements and institution partnerships, graduates of this Seneca College program may be eligible for credit at the following post-secondary institution(s):
|Davenport University||• Any relevant Bachelor or Master of Business Administration|
Important Academic Dates
Please take a few moments to view Important Academic Dates for your relevant term.
Please select the curriculum from the Academic Year in which you started (or will be starting) your studies. An Academic Year begins in September and ends in August of the following year.
|2014/2015 Academic Year|
|Semester 1||Course Name||Hrs/Wk|
|ACT351||Acting for Animators||2|
|MAY721||Modeling 1 - Concepts||3|
|MAY740||Lighting, Texturing and Rendering||3|
|MGL102||Life Drawing I||4|
|STR121||Storyboarding - Film Principles||2|
|Semester 2||Course Name||Hrs/Wk|
|DGT471||Advanced Digital Tools||3|
|MAY823||Lighting and Rendering||3|
|MAY824||Advanced Character Animation||3|
|MGL202||Life Drawing II||4|
|2015/2016 Academic Year|
|Acting for Animators|
|Lighting, Texturing and Rendering|
|Life Drawing I|
|Storyboarding – Film Principles|
|Advanced Digital Tools|
|Lighting and Rendering|
|Advanced Character Animation|
|Life Drawing II|
Note: Some classes may be scheduled on evenings and weekends.
|For general inquiries and to arrange a tour, please call (416) 491-5050 Ext. 33850.
|Domestic Admissions Advisor:||Telephone: (416) 491-5050 Ext. 22840
|International Admissions Advisor:||Salaha Fatima
Telephone: (416) 491-5050 Ext. 22081
|Registration & Records Advisor:|
Telephone: (416) 491-5050 Ext. 33008
|Program Coordinator:||Sean Craig
Telephone: (416) 491-5050 Ext. 33615
|Program Chair:||Mark Jones
Telephone: (416) 491-5050 Ext. 33488
Rob Silvestri's star has continued to rise since graduating from Seneca’s 3D animation program thanks to a pig named Ormie.
Seneca's award-winning Animation Arts Centre teaches 2D and 3D animation, game art and design and visual effects for film and television. It also partners with leading animators like Academy Award winner Chris Landreth, working on their latest projects. Video