Business - Marketing
|Duration:||4 Semesters (2 Years)|
|Start Dates:||Summer, Fall, Winter, |
Start dates are subject to change. Newnham: Fall intake only.
|Credential Awarded:||Ontario College Diploma|
Seneca’s Business – Marketing program provides you with a solid foundation in the discipline of marketing. You’ll benefit from problem–based learning, real world projects, and case studies. At any point throughout the program, you may be eligible to transfer into the three–year Business Administration – Marketing program, if qualified.
Program Learning Outcomes:
This Seneca College program meets the system-wide standards as set by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Contribute to the development of an integrated marketing communication strategy for marketing products, concepts, goods, or services based on an identified target market.
- Contribute to the development of pricing strategies which take into account perceived value, competitive pressures, corporate objectives, and cost analysis.
- Contribute to the development of strategies for the efficient and effective distribution of products, concepts, goods, and services.
- Determine strategies for developing new and modified products, concepts, goods, and services that respond to evolving market needs.
- Analyze results of marketing activities using criteria related to budgeted sales, costs, profits, and other appropriate criteria.
- Contribute to the development of a marketing plan including marketing objectives, marketing mix, marketing strategies, budgetary considerations, and evaluation criteria.
- Develop strategies to establish effective working relationships with clients, customers, consumers, co-workers, supervisors, and others.
- Communicate marketing information persuasively and accurately in oral, written, and graphic formats.
- Analyze the viability of marketing products, concepts, goods, or services in an international market or markets.
- Participate in conducting market research to provide information needed to make marketing decisions.
- Develop personal professional development strategies and plans to enhance leadership, management skills, and marketing expertise.
- Participate in the development of a business plan.
- Apply the principles of business ethics and corporate social responsibility.
- Use professional sales techniques to make a sale.
- Adapt to and apply various and changing technologies, systems, and computer applications used in marketing environments.
Essential Employability Skills:
Graduates of this program are also expected to demonstrate the essential employability skills learning outcomes as outlined on the Ministry of Training, College and Universities website.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with:
- Grade 12 English: ENG4(C) or ENG4(U)
- Grade 12 Mathematics: (C) or (U) or Grade 11 Mathematics: (U) or (M)
- OR Mature Student Status (age 19 or older) with the above prerequisite course(s), their equivalent(s), or appropriate Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) Certificate program credits (see Academic Upgrading).
The Importance of Learning Skills:
Student success in college requires well developed learning skills (such as being able to work independently, participate in a team, be well–organized, develop good work habits, and show initiative). These skills are as important as prior academic achievement. While it is expected that applicants would have developed these skills through previous education and life experiences, Seneca offers support to assist students with further development of these important skills. Seminars, workshops and tutoring are available at Seneca's Learning Centres.
The Business – Marketing program prepares you to enter the marketing field directly, with a two–year diploma. As a Business – Marketing graduate, you’ll have a host of exciting career opportunities in the business to consumer (B2C) and business to business (B2B) sectors. You can expect to pursue a rewarding career as a marketing assistant, marketing co–ordinator, account manager, market researcher, assistant sales manager, assistant event planner, social media assistant, digital marketing assistant and media planning assistant.
- American Marketing Association
- Canadian Marketing Association
- Canadian Professional Sales Association
- Interactive Advertising Bureau of Canada
- Greater Toronto Marketing Alliance
- Ontario Colleges Marketing Association
Diploma to Degree... and Beyond
Through transfer agreements and institution partnerships, graduates of this Seneca College program may be eligible for credit at the following post-secondary institution(s):
|Seneca College||• Bachelor of Commerce, International Accounting and Finance|
• Bachelor of Commerce, Financial Services Management
• Bachelor of Commerce, Human Resources Strategy and Technology
• Bachelor of Commerce, Business Management
• Bachelor of Commerce, International Business Management
|Tyndale University College||• Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration, Business Administration - International Development or Business Administration - Co-op|
|York University||• Bachelor of Administrative Studies (BAS)|
|Algoma University||• Bachelor of Business Administration|
• Bachelor of Business Administration (Brampton)
|Nipissing University||• Bachelor of Business Administration|
• Bachelor of Commerce
|University of Ottawa||• Bachelor of Commerce|
|Wilfrid Laurier University - Brantford Campus||• Honours Bachelor of Arts|
• Honours Bachelor of Business Technology Management
|University of Windsor||• Bachelor of Commerce - Honours Business Administration|
|Athabasca University||• Bachelor of Management or Bachelor of Commerce|
|University Canada West||• Bachelor of Commerce|
|Royal Roads University||• Bachelor of Commerce in Entrepreneurial Management|
|University at Buffalo||• Bachelor of Science in Business Administration|
|Davenport University||• BBA - Management, Marketing or BBA/MBA - Strategic Management|
|AUT University||• Bachelor of Business - any major dependent on courses taken at Seneca|
|Birmingham City University||• BA (Hons) Business and Marketing|
|Griffith University||• Bachelor of Business|
|Queensland University of Technology||• Bachelor of Business (Marketing)|
Our curriculum may change, so you stay current with the industry.
|BUS106||Business - Its Nature and Environment||4|
|ICA001||Introduction to Computers and Applications||2|
|QNM106||Mathematics of Finance||4|
|MRK177||Marketing Skills and Insights||2|
|ECN550||Economics: An Overview||3|
|MRK264||Advanced Computer Applications for Marketing||2|
|MRK360||Applied Business Management||3|
|XXXXXX||General Education Option||3|
|CAP506||Career Launching and Portfolio Planning||1|
|EAC394||Effective Business Writing||3|
|MRK317||Integrated Marketing Communications I||4|
|QNM225||Quantitative Decision Management||4|
|XXXXXX||General Education Option||3|
|MRK260||Graphic and Web Design||4|
|MRK428||Marketing Strategy and Analysis||4|
|MRK455||Applied Marketing Research||4|
|XXXXXX||General Education Option||3|
|For more information, please visit www.senecacollege.ca/school/mediamarketing.|
|Domestic Admissions Advisor:||Judy Chung
Telephone: (416) 491-5050 Ext. 22127
|International Admissions Advisor:||Julie Leong
Telephone: (416) 491-5050 Ext. 22380
|Registration & Records Advisor:|
|Markham Campus:||Marc Combetto
Telephone: (416) 491-5050 Ext. 77435
|Newnham Campus:||Rebecca Singh
Telephone: (416) 491-5050 Ext. 22462
|Student Advisor:||Izabela Loranty
Telephone: (416) 491-5050 Ext. 77547
|Program Coordinator:||Reid Kerr
Telephone: (416) 491-5050 Ext. 77536
|Program Acting Chair:||Margaret Osborne
Telephone: (416) 491-5050 Ext. 77453